POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Batronyx
Date: 22 Mar 2001 21:14:41
Message: <3abab191$1@news.povray.org>
I think this may be relevant:
I once saw a web page a few years ago ( I can't find it now ) where an
Imagine user faked radiosity by adding tiny amount of small-scale noisy-bump
and minimal reflection to everything in the scene. He then rendered it at
double the intended resolution without AA (for speed reasons). After
resizing the image in a paint program (AA done here), the effect was very
much like radiosity with lightening in the shadowed areas and nominal color
bleed.

I haven't tried it, but I bet it would work the same in PoV. If this is sort
of what you're talking about then, it wouldn't work on perfectly smooth
surfaces, and iso's and photons, while not hurting anything, might be
overkill.

bat### [at] cadronhsacom